The largest of the four “home nations” that make up the United Kingdom. Almost 52 million inhabitants (roughly 84% of the total population of the UK).
England has many outstanding landmarks and sites of interest. I don’t even know where to start but here are a few notable recommendations to visit for now.
- Hadrian’s Wall – the Romans built this 87 mile wall to protect their English outpost from northern raiders
- Stonehenge – the iconic Neolithic and Bronze Age monument; as mysterious as it is famous
- Walk the streets of London – absorb the history
- Windsor Castle – the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and offers an extraordinarily rich and varied day out
- Peak District National Park – rugged moors and hills which form the northern spine of England
- South Downs National Park – the gentle rolling chalk downs and coastline over looking the English Channel